10TH – 12TH DECEMBER, 2021
THEME: “CELEBRATING A NEW ERA TOWARDS CONSOLIDATING THE VOICE OF PARLIAMENT IN SADC”
1.1 The Parliament of the Kingdom of Lesotho is honoured to host the 50th Plenary Assembly Session of the SADC Parliamentary Forum (SADC PF) and wishes to warmly welcome all the delegates and officers attending the Session.
1.2 Delegates are advised to read this document which is meant to inform them about the conduct of the proceedings of the 50th SADC PF Plenary Assembly which will be held virtually from the 10th to 12th December, 2021.
- OFFICIAL OPENING CEREMONY
2.1 The 50th Plenary Assembly Session will be officially opened by the Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Lesotho, the Right Honourable Dr. Moeketsi Majoro on Friday, 10th December, 2021. All delegates are invited to log in and be settled by 09:45 hours GMT +2 (Johannesburg Time Zone).
2.2 As usual, delegations will be introduced during the Opening Session; and it would be appreciated if each National Parliament could ensure that the Leader of the Delegation and his/her delegation are seated in one room for this Session with the country’s national flag behind the delegation.
- PLENARY ASSEMBLY MEETINGS
3.1 Delegates are advised to participate from the vicinity of their respective Parliaments so that they may be adequately supported for their effective and efficient participation in the meetings.
4.1 Registration of delegates will be conducted through zoom. All delegates are advised to register in advance using the link below:-
4.2 The Host will open the zoom platform 45 minutes before the start of the meeting to facilitate logging in.
- After registration, a personalised link will be sent to your email and you may use that link to join the meeting.
- You have an opportunity to test your audio at this point by clicking on the “Test computer audio.” Once you are satisfied that your audio works, click on “Join with computer audio.”
- Find a quiet spot with the least amount of distractions. Mute all other electronic devises in the room.
- MEETING ETIQUETTE
5.1 Only delegates will be required to be on video for the Plenary Assembly meetings.
5.2 All Secretariat and support staff will be required to keep their videos off and mute their audio. Personal profile pictures will not be allowed and will be removed by the Host.
5.3 Avoid joining the meetings from kitchens, bedrooms and areas with reflective backgrounds such as mirrors.
- Keep pets, children or anyone else away from you while you are participating in the virtual meeting.
- Make sure your environment is well lit. Back against the wall and all light sources in front is ideal. Light sources, like a window or sliding door, should be behind the device.
- Adjust the device till the camera is at eye level. Adjust the volume on your device. For mobile devices such as phones and tablets, orientation should be horizontal or landscape.
- Your face, neck and shoulders should be centred in the shot. Make sure there is a 1cm space above your head.
- Avoid the following:
- Deep V-neck tops or strapless tops in case the video is cropped. It will appear as if you are not wearing a top.
- Clothing with patterns, stripes, sequins or shiny material.
- Bright colours, especially bright whites, as they can become over exposed on camera. Stick to darker colours or neutral tones. Put on a darker jacket on a white shirt.
- Shiny or jangly jewellery can be distracting to the viewer.
All documentation for the meetings will be accessed at the following Link: https://plenary.sadcpf.org/
- The Meeting languages will be English, French and Portuguese.
- The zoom application has an interpretation facility. Kindly click on the interpretation icon, located at the bottom of the screen. Select your preferred language and click on mute Original audio.
- COMMUNICATION WITH THE SECRETARIAT
All official correspondence should be addressed to:-
The Secretary General
Private Bag 13361
Telephone: +267 61 2870000
Email: [email protected]
The following Secretariat may be contacted:
(a) SADC PF Secretariat
- For Logistics and other general administrative issues contact Mrs Yapoka N Mungandi, Director of Administration, Finance and Human Resources, Cell: +264 813048395, Tel: +264 612870003, Email: [email protected]
- For Registration: Mr Ronald Windwaai, ICT Officer, Cell: +264 81 2332473, Email: [email protected]
- For matters concerning the Business of the Plenary Session: Mr Sheuneni Kurasha, Parliamentary Business Focal Person, Cell: +264 814728438, Tel: +264 61 2870007, Email: [email protected]
- Office of the Secretary General: Ms Agnes Lilungwe, Cell: +264 813946632, Tel: +264 612870013, Email: [email protected]
- For media related enquiries: Mr Modise Kabeli, Media Officer, Cell: +27 817159969, Email: [email protected]
(b) Parliament of the Kingdom Lesotho
- Focal Person: Ms. Libuseng Majoro, Deputy Clerk to the National Assembly
Cell: +266 58870715
- Mr. Mosito Lelimo, Assistant Deputy Clerk
Cell: +266 57255705